The British Library and 10 library services across the country form the Business & IP Centre national network. These are: Birmingham, Exeter (Devon), Hull, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Norfolk, Northamptonshire and Sheffield.
The benefits of the Business & IP Centres are that they:
- take advantage of existing assets in central city locations, thereby providing better value for money compared with many other business support programmes
- leverage libraries’ unique position as trusted and accessible places, which have experience in serving diverse and disadvantaged audiences
- can act as the ‘front door’ to business support and help to simplify the complex landscape, playing an important role in ‘Growth Hubs’
- provide economies of scale and makes the most of shared resources and expertise
- as a network, enable the delivery of much greater social and economic impact than any one library could achieve on its own
- support the government’s national and local growth agenda viagra kje kupiti